Most of us don’t remember what it feels like, but when you think about what’s going on during the teething process, it’s understandable that babies can be fussy or in need of extra comfort during this time. As a parent, it’s never easy to see your child in pain, and it can be difficult to know what will offer relief when their needs change from day to day. Sometimes they need hard surfaces to help the teeth move closer to the gumline. Sometimes they need something cool or soft to ease sore, swollen gums.
Here are a few things that I’ve learned are good options from teething trials with my own children, as well as speaking with other parents about their experiences, while aiming to find the most natural teething relief options possible.
1) SOPHIE THE GIRAFFE: There’s a reason this cheerful giraffe is the most popular teething toy in the world. Babies love the texture of the natural, eco-friendly rubber it’s made from, and best of all, Sophie’s long legs offer relief that a teething ring cannot when those back teeth come in. Her gentle squeak provides extra stimulation and parents can rest assured they’re not exposing their babies to toxins like BPA or phthalates.
2) GREEN TOYS TWIST TEETHER: made from recycled plastic, this lightweight, three-dimensional teether toy has uniquely shaped and colorful charms with distinct textures to stimulate visual and tactile senses.
3) NATURSUTTEN TEETHING RING: The starfish shape of this natural rubber toy is easy for babies to get into their mouth, but large enough as to not cause a choking hazard. It also features different textures that babies love to feel with their mouths.
4) RiNGLEY organic teething toys: The natural maple wood ring provides great relief when babies are in need of a hard texture while teething, and the organic terrycloth is great comfort when they need something softer. Dip the terrycloth in cold water or freeze it, and the RiNGLEY also provides comfort when your child prefers something cold.
5) JACK N’ JILL SILICONE TOOTHBRUSH: made from 100% medical-grade silicone with rounded dimples to massage teething gums and soft bristles for gentle cleaning. Pair with Jack N’ Jill organic toothpaste for safe cleaning from the time they cut their first tooth.