Baby’s first Christmas is such a special time, and we all know new parents are often in need of not just cute clothes but baby essentials like skin care, baby bottles, swaddle blankets and pacifiers too. Why not give them something that’s not only useful, but all-natural, organic and safe too?
Here’s our eco-fabulous gift guide for those Itty Bitty Babies in your life.
1) Ringley all-natural maple wood and organic cotton teething ring (RRP $19.95)
2) Aden + Anais organic muslin wraps in four styles: Bloom, Safari, Sky and Snuggle Bug. Each one comes with a matching organic muslin bag (RRP $39.95)
3) Natursutten all-natural rubber pacifiers are BPA free, Phthalate free and PVC free (RRP $9.95)
4) Green to Grow baby bottles (and nipples) are toxin free and eco-friendly (RRP $19.95-22.95)
5) Little Wings Organic cotton dress with fairy pattern, designed in Australia (RRP $54.95)
6) Little Wings Organic Cotton bloomers with frill, designed in Australia (RRP $24.95)
7) Organic cotton and lace baby dress, made from 100% organic Egyptian Cotton (RRP $44.95)
8) Plan Toys Baby Car, made from eco-friendly and chemical-free wood (RRP $22.95)
9) Dandelion Organic Cotton baby toys: Crinkle Bear ; Squeaker Duck and Rattling Frog (RRP $16.95 each)
10) Little Innoscents certified organic bath products and skin care (RRP $10.99- $19.99)
I’ve always admired those ultra-creative types who have a wonderful way of injecting their personal style into everything they do, and I recently met an Australian mum who has achieved that with grandeur for her boutique clothing label Paper Wings.
Michelle Fallon and her partner, Jason Gibaud, have an “art meets life” story, as their backgrounds in costume design, feature film production, architecture and interior design motivated them to create truly unique and inspired clothing for their own little girls.
Fallon and Gibaud have worked on the sets of such movies as Star Wars, Moulin Rouge and Peter Pan, creating elaborate clothing meant for the big screen. So when it came to dressing their own little ones, you can understand why mainstream labels didn’t quite cut it. The two strive to create beautiful clothing meant for play, and inspired by a child-like sense of imagination and fantasy.
While Paper Wings has been around for a few years and has fans all over the world, I am more excited about their newest extension of the brand, an all-organic line of clothing for babies aged 0-2 called Little Wings. Each piece in this collection is made from the finest 100% organic cotton jersey to ensure softness on baby’s delicate skin, and on first impressions alone, anyone can see that these are special pieces.
You’ll find frilled leggings printed with a gorgeous pattern of storybook dolls, and dresses emblazoned with fairies, pixies and other enchanting characters - all designed to spark the imagination of your baby girl while hard-wearing enough for a day of play.
Check out our favourite pieces from the Little Wings collection at Itty Bitty Greenie, and let your imagination fly!