If you’re looking for some sweet Easter treats that don’t involve chocolate and that are eco-fabulous too, here’s our Easter gift guide for the Itty Bitties in your life.
1) Organic cotton “Birds nest” baby onesie $27.95
2) Dandelion Organic Duck squeaker baby toy, with a squeaky pudgy belly and happy hands that crinkle! $16.95
3) Jack N Jill Organic Toothpaste, in 5 fruity flavours $6.95 (no added colour, sugar or preservatives)
4) Jack N Jill Biodegradable Toothbrush $5.95, made from 100% corn starch that can be added to your compost
5) The Yolk Folk recycled paper animals $12.95, a very sweet set of chicks and an eco-friendly toy
6) Makedo Cup Critters $5.95. Upcycle a plain coffee cup into a fun Easter bunny!
7) Pink Bunny Organic Teething Blanket $26.95. Helps support organizations dedicated to Breast Cancer Research
8) Organic Plush Duck $34.95, made from organic velour with textured toes, tuggable wings and a rattle, too
9) Kids Konserve Nesting Trio of Stainless Steel containers $32.95. Three sizes perfect for storing Easter treats!
10) Daisy Chain Babygrow $24.95. Ethically made from organic cotton. Check out the matching muslin blankets
One of the reasons I started Itty Bitty Greenie was because I wanted a chance to share some of the wonderful eco fashions for children I’ve discovered in recent years. As a fashion-concious person and soon-to-be mum, I looked forward to the day I could dress my little ones in all things colourful, fun and funky – and I had no intention on compromising my eco values to do so. I would rather have a few high-quality and unique organic pieces in my baby’s wardrobe, than a whole bunch of cheaper onesies that were probably made unethically and with the use of harmful chemicals.
So when I stumbled upon the California label Tomat for kids, I was immediately drawn by the vintage-inspired looks and gorgeous screen-printed designs. Efi Latief is the designer of the brand, and her background in graphic design, (as well was her experience of being a parent) inspired her to create limited-production prints by hand using eco-friendly water-based silk-screen inks. Each piece in the Tomat collection is made from 100% certified organic cotton, home grown in California.
The retro banana seat bicycles onesie and the bright and cheerful dandelion onesie (pictured right) are two of my favourite designs. And if I’m ever in need of a baby shower gift, the clever designs of the “Love Stinks” and “Sweet, Sour” onesies are always sure to get a smile from new parents.
Even better, I love supporting other like-minded parents in business who inspire and delight with their hand-made creations. My little guy has out-grown most of his Tomat pieces, but luckily my baby girl has a few new designs to try.
Discover the entire Tomat organic collection here at Itty Bitty Greenie.
I’ve always admired those ultra-creative types who have a wonderful way of injecting their personal style into everything they do, and I recently met an Australian mum who has achieved that with grandeur for her boutique clothing label Paper Wings.
Michelle Fallon and her partner, Jason Gibaud, have an “art meets life” story, as their backgrounds in costume design, feature film production, architecture and interior design motivated them to create truly unique and inspired clothing for their own little girls.
Fallon and Gibaud have worked on the sets of such movies as Star Wars, Moulin Rouge and Peter Pan, creating elaborate clothing meant for the big screen. So when it came to dressing their own little ones, you can understand why mainstream labels didn’t quite cut it. The two strive to create beautiful clothing meant for play, and inspired by a child-like sense of imagination and fantasy.
While Paper Wings has been around for a few years and has fans all over the world, I am more excited about their newest extension of the brand, an all-organic line of clothing for babies aged 0-2 called Little Wings. Each piece in this collection is made from the finest 100% organic cotton jersey to ensure softness on baby’s delicate skin, and on first impressions alone, anyone can see that these are special pieces.
You’ll find frilled leggings printed with a gorgeous pattern of storybook dolls, and dresses emblazoned with fairies, pixies and other enchanting characters - all designed to spark the imagination of your baby girl while hard-wearing enough for a day of play.
Check out our favourite pieces from the Little Wings collection at Itty Bitty Greenie, and let your imagination fly!